Contact Lens Exam & Fitting
Thanks to the advances in optical technology, almost everyone is a candidate for contact lens use. This includes patients with astigmatism and also those who prefer bifocal or multi-focal lenses. We offer a comprehensive array of contact lenses to suit each individual patient’s needs including daily disposables, extended wear soft lenses, and gas permeable contact lenses.
SOFT CONTACT LENSES
Soft contact lenses are the most commonly prescribed due to the fact that they are extremely comfortable. Soft contacts are now available in multifocal, for astigmatism, and even for overnight wear. Soft contact lenses include:
- Daily Wear: can be worn up to 18 hours but must be removed and cleaned at night
- Extended Wear: can be worn overnight
- Disposable: can be worn for just one day, then discarded
- Color-Changing: can change the color of your eyes, even if vision correction is not needed
- Transitional: lenses that darken in under a minute when exposed to UV and HEV light and has active blue light filtering
HARD CONTACT LENSES
Sometimes called rigid or gas-permeable lenses, hard contact lenses offer sharper vision and can correct severe nearsightedness or astigmatism. At our practice, we offer all types and brands of contact lenses specifically fitted for each individual’s needs. It is very important that your lenses are fitted correctly based on your prescription, eye shape and specific needs.